Nov 24, 2009

i'm not what, i'm not what

Everybody's splitting up, and it makes me wonder. This time has usually been reserved for cuddling in coffeeshops, kissing in the snowy weather and being overjoyed at the easy passage to salvation from the cold in the form of a bed or on a couch. This autumn/winter is an anomaly in the history of the need to nest, the need to love and be held.

I'm trying my best, personally, to enjoy being romantically alone. I'm finding it increasingly difficult as the weather gets colder, but Schadenfreude is a friend and I take comfort in the fact that most of the population of my generation is, like me, alone. I do prefer to disengage myself from romantic relationships (ie. relationshit) as much as possible, because when it gets hard, I actually enjoy it. This scares me about myself. I need EMA = Emotional Masochists Anonymous.

I guess it's better than living in a fairytale. I don't expect a castle in the sky, and lord knows I'd never stay in one for too long. All I ask for is for people to be genuine.

ps. Don't tell me I'm ugly, you know who you are. I'm too much of a bitch to take that lying down if it happens again.

pps. Excuse the aggression. I fucked up a test today, therefore it is justified.

1 comment:

  1. I accept your premise on how winter is meant for nestling and loving, but then again, at the same time, doesnt it call for solitary contemplation minus all the distraction?

    ReplyDelete